The Licensed Animal Slaughterers & Salvage Association
1. The Association shall be called the Licensed Animal Slaughterers’ and Salvage Association.
2. The objects of the Association shall be to represent the interests of those engaged in the licensed animal slaughtering and knacker trades, hereinafter referred to as “the trades” by any appropriate means decided upon by the Executive Committee.
3. The following shall be eligible for membership of the Association:
a) Ordinary Membership shall be available to persons, partnerships or incorporated companies engaged in either or both trades.
b) Honorary Membership shall be available to those persons who in the opinion of the Executive Committee have given valuable service to the Association but no longer qualify as ordinary members.
4. Applications for membership of the Association shall be considered by the Executive Committee at the earliest possible meeting.
Such applications may be accepted, deferred or rejected without reasons being given.
5. Subscriptions shall be fixed annually by members in the general meeting and shall be due immediately thereafter.
6. Members whose subscriptions remain at 31st December of any year in which it became due shall be deemed to have resigned their membership of the Association.
7. Members elected after 30th June in any year shall pay half the subscription in respect of that year.
Control and Management
8. The control and management of the Association shall be vested in an Executive Committee. The Committee shall consist of no more than 10 (ten persons) in addition to the Chairman and the Vice Chairman.
9. Control of the funds of the Association shall be invested and used in any way authorised by law as the Executive Committee may direct.
10. A Chairman and Vice Chairman shall be elected by members in General Meeting.
11. An Auditor shall be appointed by members in General Meeting.
12. The members of the Executive Committee shall be elected by members in General Meeting.
13. A quorum of the Executive Committee shall not be less than 5 (five) members and present at the meeting.
14. Members of the Executive Committee shall be elected by members in General Meeting. However, the Executive Committee may co-opt a member to the Executive until the next General Meeting.
15. Members may be removed from any or all offices of the Association by resolution of the Executive Committee.
16. The Executive Committee shall have powers to appoint such officers and servants as it thinks fit and at such re-muneration as is thought fit.
17. Members of the Executive Committee shall receive notice of any meeting of the Committee and of the resolution to be discussed. Such notice is to be despatched by ordinary posting not less than 14 days prior to the date of the meeting.
18. There shall be an Annual Meeting of members of the Association to which all members are to be invited to attend for the transaction of the following business:
a) to receive and approve the Minutes of the previous Annual General Meeting.
b) to receive and approve the Minutes of any other General Meeting of members held in the previous year.
c) to receive a Report on the previous year’s work, presented on behalf of the Executive Committee by the Chairman or his deputy.
d) to receive and approve the Accounts of the previous year.
e) to elect a Chairman and Vice Chairman for the following year.
f) to fill by election any vacancies on the Executive Committee in accordance with the above rules.
g) to consider any other motion proposed by a member of which notice has been given to the Secretary not less than 21 days before the meeting.
19. All other General Meetings of members shall be Extraordinary General Meetings.
20. Extraordinary General Meetings may be convened at any time by not less than 2 members signing a requisition to that effect and placing it in the hands of the Secretary at the office of the Association. Such requisitions to state clearly the business to be transacted at the meeting.
21. Notice of the time and place of any General Meeting and the business to be transacted at it shall be sent to every member not less than 14 clear days before the meeting.
22. A quorum at any General Meeting shall not be less than 5 (five persons) actually present at the meeting.
23. There shall be no addition, deletion or amendment to these rules except by members of the Association in General Meeting.